Comcast Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Legal in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Provide support for the Company in meeting regulatory obligations for video, high speed internet, voice, telecommunications and mobile services under Federal Communications Commission (FCC), state public utility commission, local franchise authority and industry reporting obligations, rules and guidelines.
- Provide regulatory support to counsel and business partners on residential, commercial and mobile voice, video and Internet services, including matters involving franchise authority, privacy and security, transparency, CPNI, and billing compliance. Assist counsel on litigation, regulatory compliance, and advocacy matters by helping manage, track and research issues.
- Develop a deep understanding of Company products, services, and internal systems and processes. Apply knowledge of federal, state, local, and other regulations affecting said products and services to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Support the management of Company's responses to customer inquiries submitted to regulatory agencies concerning important and sensitive topics to ensure the Company's policies and interests are properly articulated.
- Assist with facilitation of departmental and interdepartmental education and training sessions with care agents and others in the field who handle customer inquiries. Provide federal and state specific information on key regulatory matters pertaining to the Company's products and services. Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Work closely with Government Affairs, operational and business partners to identify, address and field regulatory inquiries impacting residential and business services. Support the Company's mission to improve customer service by monitoring regulatory inquiries, identifying trends and operational deficiencies and pursuing associated process improvement initiatives. Participate on project teams as necessary and be accountable for team related deliverables.
- Manage drafting of templates, policies and procedures related to regulatory inquiries and implement process for frequency updates of templates, policies and procedures, training tools, and other materials.
- Support leadership with the development and change management of regulatory inquiry workflow. Support oversight of programs and processes to ensure quality assurance, accurate case tracking and regulatory compliance. Regularly conduct meetings and coordinate with internal groups to socialize new matters and initiatives, drive quality assurance, and ensure consistent communication.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 6-10 years of regulatory experience.
- Experience with multi-state and federal regulations.
- Regulatory, Public Policy, Government or Telecommunications experience preferred. Open to other regulated industries such as pharmaceuticals, insurance, etc.
- Proven project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage/influence non-direct reports.
- Previous people leadership experience is a plus.
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database programs
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Paralegal credentials or certification are a plus.
- Able to determine own work priorities and operate consistently at a high level without direct supervision.
- Must be able to effectively establish and foster successful relationships with business partners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Must be solutions focused and mindful of enhancing customer retention, while maximizing Company financial well-being
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines with consistently superior work product
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer