Comcast Marketing Strategy and Planning MBA Intern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast MBA Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students. In this program you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our University Relations team and with senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
The Marketing Strategy & Planning MBA Intern will be a key member of Comcast Cable's Marketing Strategy & Planning (MS&P) group, responsible for supporting all aspects of the company's marketing insights and decision making to achieve the company's growth targets. This role requires a unique blend of rich market research experience, deep analytical skills and a strategic mindset in order understand various sets of data points about the market, consumers and our products to improve our marketing effectiveness and create long lasting customer relationships. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead effectiveness analytics, across key dimensions (demand generation, sales channel effectiveness, connect/disconnect quality, customer analysis, and attrition)
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative research and analysis to answer key business questions around the organization and deliver a compelling customer focused story
- Seek efficiencies for how the team analyzes various streams of data and collaborate with headquarters and division counterparts on best practices
- Align business results from the Community with business performance trends to create a 360 view of the customer and how their behavior impacts business growth
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of the department, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member
- Build relationships across the business unit and organization to create strategic partnerships and initiatives
- Partner with the Strategic Planning team to enrich the value of research and insights
- Partner with and manage external vendors and consultants when necessary
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA with intended graduation between December 2018-May 2019
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment (e.g. entrepreneur, consulting, military, etc.)
- 5 years of experience in qualitative/quantitative research, business analytics, business strategy and/or marketing
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop compelling strategic narratives and present findings to Sr. Leadership
- Strategic thinker, with a demonstrable understanding of marketing & sales mechanics
- Strong technical acumen and experience
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Interest or experience in telecommunications, cable, media and technology industries
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident required
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer