AmeriHealth Caritas Medical Coding Specialist, Risk Adjustment AAPC or AHIMA Certified - Telecommuter in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Medical Coding Specialist, Risk Adjustment AAPC or AHIMA Certified - Telecommuter
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Medical Coding Specialist is responsible to abstract and code diagnosis information and/or medical conditions documented in physician office medical records using CMS, ICD and/or Department defined criteria and guidelines. The Specialist will receive and review medical records electronically and document ICD-10 codes or medical record compliance issues using computer software.The Medical Coding Specialist is responsible for meeting average daily production goals while maintaining a minimum 91% accuracy rate on a consistent basis. Must be AACP or AHIMA certified.
Job Related Requirements: Qualifications/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Required High School Diploma required. (Associates Degree preferred)
- Required to be certified by AACP or AHIMA.
- Required successful completion of at least one AHIMA or AAPC certification program with achievement correlating professional credential (RHIT, CCS, CPC, etc) active and in good standing.
- Required ICD-10 proficiency validation.
- Required 1- 3 years hands on production abstracting or auditing medical records for diagnosis/ medical condition coding.
- Required proficiency with MicroSoft applications.
- HCC coding experience a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled