Comcast Mgr 1, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Manager, Software Development
Responsible for managing the daily and overall work processes and practical implementation of relevant standards within one or more assigned areas of the Software Engineering department. Monitors assigned areas of the Engineering families to ensure adherence to relevant standards. Ensures all work processes are efficient and consistent in their daily application. Works with teams to identifies flaws in the work process and recommends solutions. Manages direct and dotted line reports and works on cross-functional teams. Coordinates complex and multi-disciplined engineering projects from design to implementation in accordance with the company's policies.
- Creates and maintains a system of metrics and reporting standards by which to measure and report the real-time results of workflow and practical application of relevant standards.
- Analyzes results of metrics and reports to determine effective work processes and standards and identify flaws. Recommends solutions to work process and standards flaws.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and procedures. Acts as a key stakeholder in strategic decisions around products, platforms, and technologies.
- Directs the daily and overall performance of department projects. Delegates responsibilities when necessary. Ensures projects are completed on time and in adherence to the given budget and in accordance to company standards.
- Manages direct and dotted line reports. Acts as a resource for technical and workflow issues. Mentors, recruits, and guides staff, ensuring access to ongoing training programs, policies, operational procedures and guiding them in building their technical and communications skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual in office attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Prior hands on Software Development experience in web services strongly preferred
- Generally, requires 6-9 years related management experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience managing in an Agile SDLC environment
- Operational experience working with Cloud technologies
- Experience with Managing timelines and adhering to SLA's
- Experience in public speaking and presenting to large groups
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team; make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer