Comcast Mobile Technology Lab Lead in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for researching, designing, planning, developing, and/or evaluating new, advanced technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design. Works with engineering, marketing, customer service, and engineering support to develop detailed design, project plans, and product launch.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Familiarity with 5G Radio and Network and Wireless Standard Bodies
- Radio network optimization for coverage & capacity
- Designing and operating a mobile technology lab for assessment of mobile technologies focusing on new radio technologies, core and transport networks
- Developing trial plan for quantitative assessment of new technologies (MuLTEFire, TD-LTE, 5G NR)
- Execution of trials and reporting of findings to technology and business stakeholders
- Designing and executing specialized test cases to understand key performance drivers of new mobile technologies and investigating deployment and operational challenges
- Support Co-coordinating with vendors and partners for performing above activities
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for CBRS and LTE based Wireless Technologies
- Design, configure and integrate POC system
- Provide guidance to test teams (network integration tests, interoperability tests and feature acceptance tests)
- Analyze and report issues in lab environments as well as production
- Perform remote diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Provide responses and technical answers to other team members regarding issues, workarounds and bug fixes
- Write test scripts and build test tools and simulators
- Work in agile environment, ability to write epics and stories and familiar with tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined requirements.
- Participates in the Company product lifecycle process, contributes to and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems definitions, and operational procedures
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team, worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Provides guidance and accepts accountability for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Recommends courses of action, technology, technical solutions, long term vision and vision of what needs to happen to grow the Company.
- Develops state-of-the art solutions to maximize on technology and business applications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
Generally requires 11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer