Comcast Payroll Practitioner III in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The US Payroll Practitioner is a payroll expert responsible for a range of payroll functions to ensure proper controls and accuracies while processing US payroll cycles. This individual proactively applies expert knowledge of internal policies and procedures, US Payroll regulations, Federal and State wage/ hour (FLSA) rules to ensure a compliant, effective and efficient payroll processes. As the US Payroll expert, this individual reacts to changing business needs; driving effective solutions considering appropriate controls, rules, and regulations.
- Administer US Payroll processing to ensure accurate and timely pay delivery, including controlling process inputs and outputs from/to various internal stakeholders and 3rd party providers.
- Provide expertise on payroll regulations, including US Federal, State wage/hour regulations (FLSA) and best practices. Provide support for compliance requirements that have a direct effect on payroll processing.
- Evaluate and apply wage impact analysis for earnings, deductions and taxable and non-taxable events.
- Develop and maintain US payroll calendar detailing inputs, due dates and payment dates for all US scheduled regular and off-cycle payroll runs. Communicate deliverables to cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of payroll updates for processing.
- Promote a high level of customer focus by recognizing where challenges exist, proactively identifying, recommending and implementing the appropriate change necessary to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Facilitate trend and issue analysis to identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities. Report and communicate global metrics for processes and ensure accuracy and timely performance.
-Provide subject matter expertise and project management skills during implementation of payroll processing in new countries as they come into scope.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5 years related US payroll experience with medium to large company/employee base preferred
- Strong team building, partnership and relationship management skills
- FPC or CPP highly valued
- ADP garnishment, tax, check print and unemployment claims experience preferred
- SAP HR/Payroll experience preferred
- Microsoft products Excel, Access, Word, Outlook
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer