Comcast Principal Android Developer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are seeking an Android Developer to join our Advanced Applications Engineering group which is responsible for creating and shipping mobile television experiences that delight our customers and exceed their expectations.
In addition to providing engineering excellence and knowledge, as a principal engineer you will be expected to act as a role model for other engineers and contribute, not just to the immediate team, but carry that expertise across teams.
In this role you will collaborate with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers across the organization. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for Android apps, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, be a team player, and be able to adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native mobile applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (thousands to millions of users).
- Strong experience Java is required. Kotlin experience is bonus.
- Knowledge of Android libraries and frameworks such as RxJava and Dagger preferred.
- Strong background in architectural styles and patterns (MVP and MVC) is preferred.
- Agile experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance
- Experience creating mobile applications for a wide variety of devices and Android OS versions
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to see the big picture/the whole project, not just the piece you are working on
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer