Comcast Program Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is changing the ways consumers connect to internet, consume media and manage home networking. We are creating a revolution through our new products, which include the X1 Platform, XB Platforms, and our XFi App. These platforms are rapidly advancing in terms of new features which connect across products, a focus on simplicity for consumers and stability for our growing list of syndication partners.
As a Program Manager, you will own the schedule for development, trial, and launch of a new product or feature and work closely with software engineers, OEM/ Partners, quality, product managers, release managementand field support teams to ensure products and new features are developed, tested and released on time. You will identify and manage risks, make judgments about quality and focus on critical issues at the right times.
Beyond solid program delivery and technical skills, you have proven experience in the delivery of complex large-scale projects. You have a strong internal drive, critical thinking skills and the ability to collaborate, and experience in delivering complex systems on time.
A critical aspect of this role is the ability to build and maintain long term, collaborative partnerships and provide consistent, clear communications to stakeholders across the Enterprise. Division partnership is fundamental to success in this role.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing complex consumer-facing projects and cross-functional teams
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones and acts as a guide for the core program team from initiation through execution and completion.
- Works to identify and obtain participation from required cross-functional core team members, including matrixed project managers, with guidance from Strategic Business Initiative or senior staff.
- Creates program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path.
- Assists in the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, and success criteria for the program. Ensures proper documentation.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting exercise.
- Identifies and analyzes risks and issues.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details included in the program plan. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Manages proposed changes to program parameters and works with Enterprise Program management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communication.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Works with core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies, and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Key Tools: JIRA, Confluence, PPT, Word, PDF, Excel, Visio
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer