AmeriHealth Caritas Programmer Analyst Sr in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Programmer Analyst Sr
The AmeriHealth Caritas team is growing!
We are the nation’s leading provider of health care solutions for the underserved—a mission-driven organization that has helped people in need for 30 years. Our companies positively impact the lives of nearly 5 million individuals in 13 states. As we expand, AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate associates to join our team. Together we can build stronger, healthier communities. So if you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is one of the largest Medicaid managed care organizations in the United States. Our goal is to deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer a comprehensive range of core products including full-risk Medicaid and Medicare programs, management and administrative services, plus pharmacy benefit management and behavioral health care services. Our corporate parents are Independence Blue Cross (IBC) and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM), two of the nation's largest Blue health insurers. Please visit www.amerihealthcaritas.com to learn more.
Design, develop, test, and implement thoughtful and cost-effective software solutions and applications in support of AmeriHealth Caritas Medicare organization. Develop superior documentation according to established standards. Troubleshoot and solve design & coding problems. Interpret Business Requirements and - where applicable - Functional Specifications in the delivery of software solutions meeting or exceeding client expectations. Directly interface with Lead Programmer/Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, management, and business clients to understand AmeriHealth Caritas Medicare business needs and design solutions. Mentor junior team members.
Software Development & Testing
- Design, develop, unit test, document, schedule, & deploy supportable technical solutions to business needs
- Microsoft SQL server development, store procedures & database objects
- Working knowledge of Oracle & Sybase development
- .net development
- ETL development, DataStage or Microsoft SSIS preferred
- UNIX scripting a plus
- Scheduling batch jobs using Tidal
Analysis & Design
- Carries out systematic problem identification, analysis, and resolution
- Analyzes and reduces complex problems into simple, manageable components
- Translate Business Requirements and/or Functional Specifications into technical solutions.
- Develops technical design specifications
- Participate in and/or lead code reviews
- Leads technical meetings, as required
Communications & Documentation
- Conveys ideas clearly and tailors communication based on selected audience (technical and non-technical)
- Documents various processes, procedures and workflows accurately
- Effectively composes technical and non-technical documents such as Functional Specifications, Technical Design Specifications, operation guides, process flows, and other technical schematics
- Writes and updates task/project status and reports
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of business-side management
Education / Experience Required:
- B.S. in technical discipline required or equivalent business experience in software development.
- 10+ years of technical support experience in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years solid programming experience in MS SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience using ETL tools such as DataStage or SSIS
Demonstrated superior knowledge in the following technical areas:
Tuning and optimization
- Modular code development
- Hands-on experience in MS SQL Server, stored procedures and triggers & functions
- Strong development skills in .NET
- Complete SDLC experience required
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities required
- Accommodate work schedule and works extra hours to meet crucial project deadlines as required
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work effectively with end-users, project teams, management, and vendors with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as individual contributor, as required
- Managed Care preferred; Medicare experience strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with ANSI X12 transactions, including 820, 834, 835, 837 preferred
- Claims experience preferred; TriZetto Facets experience strongly preferred
- Medical Management experience preferred; ZeOmega experience strongly preferred
- Keeps abreast of industry standards and development best practices
- Supports and carries out the AmeriHealth Caritas Mission and Values.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled