Comcast Sales Director, MachineQ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's machineQ business is focused on building networks and a platform for connected things, which will enable a new approach to managing our businesses, our communities, and our lives. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the latest in sensor, network, and software technologies to gather, transmit, and create actionable intelligence from the physical world. From improving the customer experience to creating new revenue opportunities, organizations are transforming how they operate with machineQ services. As a "start-up" within a Fortune 50 company, the machineQ business is uniquely positioned to leverage assets across Comcast's group of companies and brands, while at the same time remaining focused and agile to drive innovation in this emerging sector. The Business Development team evaluates opportunities for deployment of IoT solutions across a number of industry verticals. We critically assess the structure, operations, and business models of potential customers across various industries, and work diligently to understand how our solutions can help organizations based on their specific needs.
The Sales Director will be responsible for the identification, planning and execution of account strategy for customers that can leverage machineQ network and solution offerings. This includes understanding account priorities, pain points and need for connected solutions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including Operations, Product, Legal and Engineering. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with significant leadership experience to define and drive the success of a new product line in an emerging field that will drive material revenue growth for Comcast.
- Identifies new verticals, customers and opportunities for delivery of machineQ products and services.
- Leads and grows a large sales vertical or sales territory and closes new accounts
- Delivers feedback to product and engineering teams for improvements in core platform offering and market feedback for new products
- Defines, develops, and coordinates sales pitches and responses to large RFI's or RFP's
- Coordinates with product and marketing to assess client and industry needs and identifies possible solutions to meet those needs.
- Accountable for account level forecasting of revenue for sales prospects.
- Assists in the development of new market opportunities where identified.
- Leads machineQ presence at relevant industry conferences and trade associations
- Leads the identification of partnership opportunities with relevant channel players (ie SI's, VAR's etc) that can boost overall sales revenue
- Leads relevant pre sales meetings to identify engagement opportunities in a client account and position relevant solutions
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 8-10 years of experience with at least 2-5 years in Business Development & Deal Making.
- Proven Business Development experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS), software sales, platform sales, IT solutions, Internet of Things (IoT), technology start-up, or equivalent technology environments.
- Open to candidates with entrepreneurial experience that had a focus on Business Development.
- Business-to-Business sales and market development experience.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Creative solutions oriented professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, yet unstructured environment.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 20-30%.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer