Comcast Security Research and Development in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast is seeking an Engineer3 to join the Security Research, Innovation and External Affairs team within the Technology and Product Development Group, to contribute to our security research activities, investigating emerging security technologies and their applications for use in current and future products and networks.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in information and product security, and experience in defining, building, and analyzing systems. This role will span across many different security areas and requires coordination and collaboration with teams involved in network security, customer-facing product development, university research, and industry standards and groups.
This person will be able to generate recommendations and summaries through white papers, presentations, and develop proof-of-concept prototypes to demonstrate feasibility for use in current and future products.
- Contribute to and/or lead security research projects to investigate new uses in Comcast products.
- Generate white papers, case studies, presentations, and prototypes for security research areas.
- Monitor university and industry landscape for emerging security topics and technologies. Prepare recommendations on which areas to apply research focus. Attend relevant security conferences.
- Stay current with security technology trends, vulnerabilities, and threats. Monitor current and future security trends, technology, and information that will positively affect products and services, as well as recommend emerging technology trends to new and existing systems
- Extensive collaboration with teams outside of immediate work group, across all of Technology and Product engineering.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and lead work activities.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and presentations skills. Comfortable with speaking in front of a group.
- Software product development experience in product or cybersecurity. Familiarity with common programming and scripting languages such as Java, C, Go, Python
- Familiarity with hardware security techniques
- Understanding of secure software development
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and certificates
- Blockchain applications
- Data and database security
- Cloud Security
- Protocols and APIs
- PCI, IDS, Firewalls, VPNs
- Digital Rights Management
- Internet of Things
- Machine Learning
- Wi-fi Security
- Threat modeling and ability to define security use cases
- 5 years in security and technology based industry
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science
- Security certifications such as CISSP
- Master's Degree a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.