Comcast Senior Analyst, ISCO BI Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Senior Analyst of Business Intelligence / Data Analytics is a key role within Comcast's Integrated Supply Chain Organization (ISCO). Responsible for creating and maintaining data integrity across multiple databases. Leads less experienced senior staff in executing these changes. Develops methods and procedures to support Systems Management Server/IS operations. Receives and reviews change requests for rates, campaigns, and messages from internal customers. Analyzes requests to ensure that they meet government or operating regulations. Resolves requests that meet established methods and procedures guidelines. Presents special requests to management and provides cost-benefit analysis utilizing technical knowledge and understanding of departmental methods and procedures. Establishes user accounts and sets appropriate permission levels based on management requests. Maintains consistency of system configuration files between corps/databases in order to ensure consistency of operations. Conforms to regional and corporate standards where appropriate. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Provides special project planning, implementation support, and direction. Projects may include, but are not limited to: new service launches, conversions, splits/merges, software upgrade communications, new technology launches, and Data Mart creations.
- Analyzes, communicates, tests, and Q/As complex releases and upgrades ensuring zero negative customer impact.
- Leads operations change implementation. Monitors the vendor statement production process.
- Provides support to end users. Identifies problem causes and solutions for billing and operations programs.
- Completes complex change requests within the required defined timeframe incurring no late fees and with no unplanned customer or revenue impact.
- Logs all requests and provides monthly Key Performance Indicator reports demonstrating performance.
- Coordinates changes with vendor and Data Center. Provides 24/7 production supports when necessary, troubleshooting issues so as to have the least customer impact.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL (Structured Query Language) including related services such as SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Mastery in enterprise / data architecture to support business analytics and reporting
- Solid understanding of big data analytics and data warehouses / data marts (including data extraction techniques / ETL).
Preferred, but not required:
- Practical application/ use of Hadoop (or other open-source software framework for big data
- R programming language (or other related open source language that supports statistical computing)
- Working knowledge of supply chain management processes, systems, and best practices.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain / Operational Research, or other related field
Field of Study: Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
Years of Experience: Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer