Comcast Senior Analyst, Supply Chain Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Senior Analyst of Supply Chain Reporting is a key role within Comcast's Integrated Supply Chain Organization (ISCO). The analyst will be responsible for building efficient data models from disparate data sources creating intuitive and insightful visual dashboards that vividly express metrics and KPIs. With guidance and requirements from product owners / stakeholders, the analyst will ingest data from big data platforms and use state-of-the-art reporting platforms to build actionable reporting. The role also provides scope for participating in advanced analytics activities in the larger team.
- Design visually interactive and actionable dashboards using data visualization tools.
- Showcases ability to extract, collate, and transform data from disparate systems for reporting and analytics use.
- Analyze and understand data and identify data issues and anomalies, document them and work with ETL engineers and architects to put processes in place to correct them.
- Based on stakeholder change or enhancement request, assesses data availability, technique, and tool usage to best satisfy the need.
- Interacts and collaborates with cross-functional group across supply chain, IT, finance, product development and others to design the best possible solution.
- Understand the needs of non-technical internal users to present the results that can be easily consumed and acted upon.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in using a data analytics and visualization platforms (Tableau and / or open source).
- Good at writing SQLs on different database flavors namely Oracle, Hive, Presto etc. Optimize and fine-tune SQL queries for performance.
- Solid understanding of big data analytics and data warehouses / data marts (including data extraction techniques / ETL).
- Coding / programming (VBA, Python).
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience is using data mining tools and techniques for quantitative analysis.
- Working knowledge of supply chain management processes, systems, and best practices.
- Practical application/ use of Hadoop (or other open-source software framework for big data.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain / Operational Research, or other related field.
Field of Study: Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science.
Years of Experience: Generally requires 4-6 years experience in the field of data analytics with focus on data modeling and dashboard development.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer