Comcast Senior Manager, Business Intelligence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
With ""2M customers and $7B in annual revenue, Comcast Business is one of the largest and fastest growing departments within Comcast. The Business Data & Intelligence team (BDI) is tasked with meeting the reporting and data needs of Comcast Business. This includes working with multiple organizations like Customer Operations, Retention, Marketing, Finance and Sales to provide data, reporting, research and analysis to help drive the business and maximize performance.
This position will be responsible for managing a reporting work stream within BDI as well as driving work across other engineering work streams outside the BDI org. Within BDI, the Senior Manager is responsible planning and execution Comcast Business reporting as well as ad-hoc and analytics requests. This individual will manage a team of both FTE and contractor reporting analysts / developers. This individual will also be responsible for interfacing with other development teams to ensure all new development is up to standard. This individual will also be responsible for creating and maintaining a development roadmap that has an executive audience.
Day to day responsibilities will include managing multiple projects, working with analyst/developer teams to deliver on commitments, developing technical solutions, and working with end users to ensure needs are being met. Excellent interpersonal skills are required as this individual will be responsible for managing the relationships between our reporting team and other organizations. This individual will also be responsible for representing our team in large company and department wide projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Creates both near term and long term reporting roadmaps. Plans sprints. Maintains backlogs.
- Ability to scope and assess reporting efforts and delegate development activities across direct reports and other teams (ability to decompose development work).
- Expert in development capacity planning.
- Must have SDLC experience Waterfall and Agile methodologies and be able to create a strategy to use software development tools to manage work (JIRA, Rally, etc).
- Acts as a consultant and suggests solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues in an attempt to efficiently develop solutions.
- Must be able to lead executive level presentations and software demonstrations.
- Creates staffing and budgetary plans for development resources.
- Leads a team of reporting analysts / developers. Oversees E2E development of new BI assets using agile methodology. Experience with managing teams and projects. Proven project management skills required. Excellent people management and people development skills required.
- Must be a subject matter expert in SQL database development and administration OR Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) development and administration or Tableau development. Proven ability to complete complex tasks with either of these systems is required.
- Communicates effectively with individuals and teams in the Comcast Business organization to ensure high quality and timely completion of projects. Builds relationship with management to ensure reporting needs are being met.
- Deliver reports to management in Corporate, call centers and the local markets. Be able to speak to the data, metrics and calculations. Be able to identify potential issues and make recommendations based on the data.
- Provide in-depth analysis of operational data to perform root cause analysis, improve efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction. Surfaces recurring problems with work processes, policies, or procedures. Suggests ways to resolve problems to serve customers better and/or to improve productivity
- Assists management in identifying and delivering on new reporting capabilities. Able to take reporting asks from idea to implementation
- Represent Comcast in a professional and positive manner in all situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expert understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL, TSQL, PSQL),
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, and industry reporting tools
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) and Tableau required
- Ability to understand, manage, and navigate large data sets
- Ability to understand high-level architecture and data flow patterns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in telecommunications, internet, ecommerce, or media, preferred
- Experience with BSS/OSS preferred
- Experience with Functional and Technical Specification creation required
- Experience sharing insights and recommendations to audiences with varying levels of analytic understanding
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Team player with a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- Must be outgoing and assertive
Preferred Educational Level:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field.
Years of Experience:
- 8 years working experience in a technical role within Business Intelligence. Including direct, personal experience working with data and reporting.
- Scrum Master, Product Owner, or other Agile certification is a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer