IBM Senior Offering Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Data & AI organization is looking for a senior offering manager to support Cloud Pak for Data, a modern cloud native platform for Data & AI services. An ideal candidate would be entrepreneurial, adaptable, analytical, persuasive, empathetic, tenacious and creative problem solver, who is exposed to, and is well versed in, both business and technology concepts. We are specifically looking for candidates with in-depth exposure to Cloud native, Open source, data science and database management technologies. Technical expertise is critical to be successful in this role.
Offering Managers (OM) operate in a demanding role at the epicenter of multidisciplinary teams which include design, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and legal. In this role, you’ll play a central role leading and orchestrating the definition of product requirements and go-to-market strategy to solve data challenges of enterprise and mid-market clients. This role requires collaboration and coordination across internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of our organization. You’ll work with our clients, data and AI experts, partners, and other cross functional stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition and delivery of new and differentiated capabilities.
Offering Manager will have exceptional technical skills, communication skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated relevant experience with data and AI products and/or services. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambitious projects that will be industry defining & trend setters. This position requires a solid business and technical background, and the candidate should be client-focused with a passion for delivering compelling client experiences
We look for candidates who exhibit the aptitude and experience relevant to product management. As the voice of the business and users, the Offering Manager must have the experience and the ability to:
• Articulate markets, research users and define competitive landscape
• Innovate with established & emerging technology software, hardware and services
• Act as change agents and champion strategic initiatives, partnerships and acquisitions.
• Work collaboratively with development leaders, product architects, product designers, and key customers to appropriately package features into offering releases and ensure offering designs reflect business objectives (e.g., by creating quarterly roadmaps, monthly release plans). • Regularly participate in overall functional program planning (e.g., for offering content, usability, schedule, and quality
• Articulate market problems to the broader offering team.
• Develop and execute roadmaps, business models and go-to-market plans.
• Drive customer validation through beta programs and client meetings, confirming requirements are addressed by the delivered solution.
• Collaborate closely with design and engineering to ship offerings • Partner with and enable sales, marketing, finance and legal.
• Define pricing, packaging, positioning, then measure (everything)
Preferred work locations: Austin and San Jose
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• A minimum of 8-10 plus years of professional experience in product management and/or product marketing
• Candidates with demonstrated business acumen.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10 years of professional experience in product management and/or product marketing
• Experience with Cloud technologies, Enterprise Platforms, Open source, Data science and database technologies
• Candidates who previously worked for startups in a technical leadership role
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs