Comcast Senior Program Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Next Generation Access Network (NGAN) team is at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.
The TPX NGAN Sr. Program Manager is responsible for defining E2E project/program schedules for delivery of key deliverables for large scale, highly complex technology initiatives and working closely with cross-functional resources and teams to ensure successful delivery against those schedules. The successful candidate will drive facilitation and collaboration to align teams to a common understanding of success, scope, milestones, risks/issues and delivery targets. Close coordination with the appropriate Technology Leads, Program leads and Stakeholders will be required to ensure alignment between the teams on schedule commitments and risk management. Accountable to manage projects and programs across multiple workstreams and in many cases multiple cross-functional teams. Demonstrated use of courage, curiosity, trust and respect in communications and interactions will be critical to success.
- Functions as a Program Manager assigned to complex technology initiatives. Includes development & test phases as well as facilitation of trials and deployment planning if required and requires balancing of customer, employee and stakeholder needs while providing clear objectives to help teams prioritize work.
- Provides program management leadership and expertise including but not limited to; issue investigation, development of risk and mitigation plans, creative problem solving, appropriate escalations, communications and coordination with internal and external resources/teams.
- Uses superior program management tools and methodologies including Agile/Scrum to manage the program and align key resources to common definitions and milestones. Demonstrates creativity and innovation in problem solving and independently structures in-depth analyses.
- Communicates with key stakeholders including development teams, operations, product and senior leadership as required and develops strong relationships with technical teams and work stream owners. Targets communication to the audience and presents effectively to groups.
- Enables, inspires, energizes and motivates teams to develop great solutions efficiently.
- BA/BS, 10 years relevant project management or program management responsibility
- Understanding of and experience with development lifecycles, including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, meeting facilitation, organizational and time management skills required
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Ability to drive success and collaborate in a matrixed organization
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Agile support tools a plus.
- Excellent MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- PMP certification a plus.
- This position will be located at Comcast’s offices in Philadelphia, PA.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer