Comcast Software Engineer, xFi Web Team in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a member of the xFi Web Team, you will help build new features and maintain Comcast's flagship consumer-facing application on desktop, mobile and X1 platforms. With Xfinity xFi, our customers can manage their home WiFi networks, see what devices are online, how long they've been on, and pause WiFi for specified devices.
You will be a full-time contributor to the team, having the opportunity to influence design and implementation on a regular basis. On our team your communication and collaboration skills are just as importantif not more importantthan your technical skills.
We are very interested in attracting a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds. If you aren't sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying!
- Writing production-quality, tested code.
- Performing code reviews, even of more senior team members.
- Collaborating with designers, testers, product managers, other developers and operations teams across the organization to provide outstanding customer service.
- Resisting the accrual of "technical debt" in our systems.
- Building proof-of-concept systems or conducting exploratory experiments with new technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Professional HTML/CSS experience
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality code that follows best practices
- Unit Testing
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Familiarity with source control systems, especially Git
- Familiar with agile software processes, data-driven development, and responsible prototyping.
- Exceptional communication skills
Bonus Points for experience with:
- Redux state container
- Deploying and operating on public or private cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack)
- Hypermedia Application Language (HAL) web services
- Writing applications for mobile WebView or hardware-constrained devices
- Participating in the broader technical community via blog posts, delivering presentations, meetups, user groups, etc.
- Networked devices and high-level understanding of protocols
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer