Comcast Sr. Analyst, Financial & Strategic Planning - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting trend analysis for the Comcast advertising businesses. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates financial models and plans. Analyzes financial performance and fosters process improvements across all levels within the organization in support of functional business objectives. Assists in special projects and strategic initiatives.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Assists in the budgeting and long range planning efforts.
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements. Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interfaces with other department members on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Proficiency in Excel (advanced use) and Essbase preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer