Comcast Sr. Analyst, National Sales Reporting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for developing sales strategies through analysis for Product Sales Support Manager and makes recommendations that will maximize revenue and meet clients' needs. Provides analytical and statistical support and prepares analysis of sales forecasts, sales reports, and analysis of variances versus budget forecast. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for howyou do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put ourcustomers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of ourgame-changing technology, products and services, especially our digitaltools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and beingopen to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working thatbrings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joininghuddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to dobetter for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and ourcommunities
-Develops complex SQL queries to extract, transform and load (ETL) data across multiple databases
- Utilizes WAVE Analytics and Tableau to design dashboards and produce reports summarizing Key Performance Indicators for executive-level reporting
- Develops analytical frameworks and roadmaps, and provide actionable recommendations for front-end reporting to various teams and departments
- Presents and communicates final reports to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Evaluates sell-out levels and make proactive recommendations to maximize revenue from available inventory and in a manner that serves clients' needs.
- Conducts analyses of inventory, rate, and sales practices to develop sales product efficiencies.
- Works with and advises the Manager on weekly rate cards based on inventory skims.
- Collaborates with Sales and Traffic/Operations Management to develop, evaluate, and recommend technical and systematic procedures that make process flow more efficient for the organization as a whole. Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Works closely with Specialist(s) to manage the placement specialized programming.
- Coordinates the flow of information and communication between Sales, Sales Support, and Traffic departments.
- Leads and mentors Sales Support Representatives to help facilitate the completion of accurate work. Provides oversight to overall sales support processes and offer necessary guidance.
- Assists with the training and mentoring of new and existing Product Support Analysts on all sales-related procedures and paperwork requirements.
- Keeps abreast of sales strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the Company and competitive landscape.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Experience working with and manipulating large, complex data sources.
- Experience in large-scale data aggregation and processing
- Hands-on experience with SQL in data warehouse environment (Teradata, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong Excel experience (Pivot tables, VLookup, Macros, etc.)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer