Comcast Sr. Android Developer, Xfinity Home in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is seeking a Senior Android Developer to join our Engineering team.This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of Xfinity Home Security & Automation interactive products with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role you will collaborate with other mobile, web and embedded systems developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers.While the primary responsibilities will include building new Android apps from scratch as well as developing features for existing Android apps, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building mobile applications (Java/Android) that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (thousands to millions of users) as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks (e.g. ZigBee and Z-Wave).
- 4 years experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance.
- Experience in creating mobile applications with Java (Android).
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful web services and caching especially in HTTP compliant caches
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices.
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Ability to think critically and independent.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
CIM Engineers are passionate about teamwork, growing their skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. Our work is our play we are fortunate to do what we love, every day! Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer