CBRE Sr. Design Project Leader, Casual Hourly in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
CBRE | Heery is looking for a Sr. Design Project Leader (casual/hourly) in Philadelphia, PA
The Sr. Design Project Leader will be an expert in all conventional aspects of science/ technology and lab planning, including technical design and architectural principles. Plans and conducts tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design techniques and procedures. Supervises others in areas where precedents are not clearly established. Assists with building client relations, along with identifying new opportunities within Business Development.
All aspects of descriptions of previous titles are incorporated and required for position. Represents the company in marketing design services. Oversees proposal preparation including proposal reviews, scheduling, funding, procedures to accomplish project, staffing requirements, allotment of resources to various project phases. Works with Project Manager on work plan and staffing for each project and coordinates staff assignments. Identifies and documents additional services for review by the PIC and client approval. Has primary daily contact with the client. Determines managerial or technical matters relating to the project. Oversees all design review with design team to promote innovative design solutions. Assists Project Manager in ensuring all projects include QA/QC process for reviewing contract documents for completeness and organization. Responsible for maintaining profitability on project assignments, assists PM in ensuring all projects maintain profitability. Assembles presentations and "leave behinds" when pursuing new projects with oversight from Project Lead. Assigns team duties, responsibilities and scope of authority. Works with the Client to achieve design goals.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models’ behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
· Bachelor's Degree (B.S. or B.Arch) or Master's Degree (M.Arch) from four-year college or university. Minimum 10+ years’ experience required.
· Architecture registration required.
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
· Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
· Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans