Comcast Sr. Embedded Security Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Do you love reverse engineering systems and getting your hands dirty to fix problems?
Do you want to play a key role in securing Comcast's next-generation home security products?
Are you excited to work alongside some of the leaders in software security and engineering?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE
You will work as an embedded security engineer within the team that develops software for the xFINITY Home platform. Your key responsibilities will be to resolve security vulnerabilities assigned to you by your peers in the remediation team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Work across engineering teams responsible for the spectrum of IoT devices in xFINITY Home
Develop code and scripts to remediate vulnerabilities
Interface with 3rd party native code vendors to install and validate patches
Participate in scrum teams
Collaborate with the extended security team for recommended remediation approaches
Help advance the goal of building-in security to all Comcast products
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- The burndown rate for the security vulnerability backlog increases
- There are zero high risk vulnerabilities over 30 days old
- The xFINITY Home engineering team considers you an indispensable team member
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS
- Solid understanding of common security vulnerabilities and vulnerability remediation practices
- Understanding of hardware, embedded software, and application architectures
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 11 years of related experience
- At least 2 years of experience with embedded software and software security
- Experience with C, C , and Java
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, PERL, SWIFT, etc. on the Linux platform
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.