Comcast Sr. Java Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Must Have Skills:
- Java In depth experience building multi-threaded web application / REST services in Java (version 8)
- Spring In depth experience using core Spring (i.e., dependency injection etc.) and Spring Data
- Leadership/Self-Starter Proven ability to take ownership of demonstrable functionality from receiving requirements, development, unit test writing through implementation with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Really Nice to Have Skills:
- Agile Experience as a member of an Agile development team; actively participating in ceremonies to refine requirements, demonstrate functionality, and provide process improvements
- DevOps Demonstrated ability to support solutions in production by troubleshooting issues in a distributed environment, assessing application health/performance, automating processes etc.
- JQuery Experience building custom user interfaces using JQuery / JQueryUI.
- Other Spring libraries Spring Security, Spring Integration, Spring Boot
Nice to Have Skills:
- Selenium / Cucumber
-Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
-Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
-Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
-Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
-Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
-Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
-Analyze business requirements, and create technical design documents that are in accordance with the company's architecture standards.
-Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk
-Performs and/or leads design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution. Develops basic and detailed program specifications.
-May require a bachelor degree in Computer science and 8 years of experience in the field.
-Proficiency in the following general areas: Java (Java 1.7/Java 1.8), Spring Framework, Jenkins, Gradle, and Github.
-Experience with RESTful services, Kafka, JSON, Unix Scripting, and Single Sign On is a plus.
-Core development experience in large scale enterprise Java applications using Spring Framework.
-Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g., Oracle, MongoDB)
Experience working closely with operation (DevOps) to maintain and troubleshoot highly-distributed, multi-tier solutions
-Demonstrates very strong understanding of the business needs driving the projects.
-A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer