Comcast Sr Manager, Music Editor in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This strategic editorial position within Xfinity Entertainment Services will oversee prioritization and programming of Music and Music related content on X1 and across related platforms. The editor will work closely with our content strategy, product, expanded content, and marketing teams to grow and further define the music experience as X1 transitions from a video-centric experience to a whole-home entertainment experience. This editor will employ his/her deep reservoir of expertise along with data to drive and inform business decisions. The ideal candidate will be a true music expert that is super passionate about most if not all genres with their finger on the pulse of pop culture. The individual in this role should have great familiarity with music streaming apps, music videos, music editorial features, and other unique content and should be capable of forging artist and label relationships. The editor will be sensitive to data, able to monitor and track results against goals and adjust strategy accordingly. Must be fluent in hip hop, country, and pop, as well as the lexicons of rock, EDM and Latin, among other genres. Must have experience with a label, a streaming app, a network, or all of the above. This role will also include opportunities to work with other categories like TV, Movies, Kids and more, to ensure Music is integrated in all relevant areas.
- A keen sense of what makes music appropriate for different situations, and an ability to identify great content to fit.
- Exceptional verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and respond to analytics.
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams toward mutual objectives.
- The right person will have a relevant background from the music industry.
- A passion for music in multiple genres.
- Create, manage and execute the strategic vision for Music programming on X1 and related platforms while partnering with multiple teams, including content, operations, and marketing.
- Create daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly programming schedule on X1 and related platforms; plan and collaborate on special features and stunts that drive growth against goals; maintain a corresponding editorial calendar.
- Execute against strategy on X1 for multiple segments of customers passionate about music using streaming apps, music videos, and other types of content, in a way that enables customers to get all their music needs met on X1 stream, watch, discover, playlist, and search with mood and activity-based voice commands.
- Keep up with music charts, album and song releases, anniversaries, milestone dates, festivals, events and award shows and reflect these stories through content and editorial-driven experiences on X1 and related platforms.
- Identify content strengths and weaknesses, see gaps and figure out how to fill them, and know how to integrate music into other content categories.
- Track results and lead programming and content discussions across genres, including hip hop, R&B, pop, rock, country; identify opportunities using content to grow usage, revenue and retention.
- Ability to create presentations explaining rationale behind decisions and experiences, and keep key stakeholders and executives up to date at regular intervals on progress toward goals.
- Identify opportunities for audience growth and customer satisfaction, drive against multi-platform performance and monetization. Establish best practices.
- Collaborate, communicate and partner with multiple teams and colleagues, peers, direct reports, and management to ensure and constantly improve excellence of product, operations and customer experience.
- Must show a proven track record of working in partnership across multiple parts of internal and external client organizations in order to drive strategy.
- Think and execute both strategically and tactically; ability to think big while being detail-oriented.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and variable schedules as necessaries.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the music or entertainment industry with a label, streaming service, network preferred.
- A resume of accomplishments, not just an employment history.
- Ability to craft strategic stories around content, programming, and results in Power Point and Keynote; and the ability to track results in Excel.
- A strong passion for music in all genres, the ability to identify what and who is next, what came before, and an encyclopedic knowledge of today's stars, tomorrow's superstars, and yesterday's icons.
- The ability to think creatively, entrepreneurially, and analytically.
- Experience converting ideas into timely, results-oriented programming and editorial.
- Proven ability to work across an organization at all levels with technical, creative, and executive team members and adapt to fast-changing business conditions.
- Collaborative, communicative team player; independent thinker; multi-tasker able to thrive in fast-paced, goal-oriented, high-achieving culture.
- Understanding of the current competitive landscape.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer