Comcast Sr Manager, Product Marketing, machineQ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's machineQ business is building a platform for connected things (IoT), which will enable a new approach to managing our businesses, our communities, and our lives. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the latest in sensor, network, and software technologies to gather, transmit, and create actionable intelligence from the physical world. From improving the customer experience to creating new revenue opportunities, organizations are transforming how they operate with machineQ services.
As a "start-up" within a Fortune 50 company, the machineQ business is uniquely positioned to leverage assets across Comcast's group of companies and brands, while at the same time remaining focused and agile to drive innovation in this emerging sector. The Product Team drives the evolution of the machineQ platform from how clients interact with us, how we present our services to the general public, up to customizing our own sensor hardware. We critically assess the structure, operations, and business models of potential customers across various industries, and work diligently to understand how our solutions can help organizations based on their specific needs.
- Works daily with product management, engineering, marketing and UI/UX team to create compelling external content (vertical and horizontal) across all digital and non-digital channels and meet leads targets and grow sales.
- As a product and services Subject Matter Expert (SME), this person will have a strong technical background and can drive and align external marketing messaging with all core marketing activities including launches and activities around awareness, demand generation and lead generation campaigns.
- Creates and also recommends specific content on a channel by channel basis including collateral, print, web and other digital channels.
- Understands the Line of Business (LOB) product roadmap and multiple personas of machineQ's audience and recommends and co-develops compelling content for all buyers.
- Drives sales enablement programs across multiple channels to be sure sales has the tools they need to compete and win the opportunity. Track and maintain a working list of collateral with an eye toward consistent messaging across all sales facing content.
- Works closely with sales and key marketing teams to identify key industry and partner activities (including speaking/panel ops and sponsorships) which we can leverage to drive awareness and lead opportunities for the business.
- Owns the Voice of the Customer (VOC) activities and also helps identify and filter new product features and market needs into the business and then helps develop the messaging, collateral required to help sales engage in new opportunities and close deals.
- Works closely with product management to regularly monitor and report on a dynamic competitive landscape on a global basis.
- As part of the core marketing team, this person will work closely with all other marketing teams (including PR, Communications, Digital, Ecosystem, etc) and specifically Growth Marketing to always align market, vertical and customer needs to existing and new growth campaigns as well as sales enablement. Includes working with other tech resources to be sure we properly describe the technical and business value of our offerings to multiple audiences.
- Manages Marketing expenses in order to ensure that they are within budget parameters.
- Recommends promotions, events marketing, and coordinates with Direct Sales & Marketing staff.
- Consults with Marketing/Sales to identify, define, size, and prioritize strategic market opportunities.
- Gathers and communicates market information and customer feedback in order to promote a common understanding of marketing campaigns, changes, and issues.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the demographic and other market data as needed in order to support Marketing goals.
- Works to engage stakeholders in both the development and launch of marketing plans.
- Translates business needs into analysis designs providing insight, knowledge, and understanding of customers, products, and industries.
- Maintains and improves ongoing Marketing programs, analyses, and reports.
- Develops new ideas and communicates potential uses for analytics across the business.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires 5-8 years of experiencein marketing plus engineering or technical experience to be able to understand and translate often complex products and services.
- Minimally has 3-5 years of B2B Marketing experience
- Significant experience working with engineering and product teams in an external marketing capacity.
- Previous direct experience with engineering, product management, or related technical discipline.
- Experience with content and collateral creation, ideally in the enterprise IT segment.
- Digital channel experience with websites, email marketing campaigns, and other digital channels like mobile webpages, etc.
- Proven ability to translate technically challenging content and refining into marketing messaging.
- Understanding of buyer personas and how to successfully develop content to appeal to these personas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to engage with external customers at a C-suite level and represent machine at external events.
- Ability to travel 20-25%. Both domestic and internationally.
- Bachelors Degree.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer