Comcast Sr Manager, Reporting & Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The National Customer Service Operations team is looking for a hands-on analytical thought leader. The role will be responsible for drawing conclusions, providing insight, and making recommendations based on strategic understanding of the data collected through analysis of business intelligence. Responsible for improving the effectiveness of our internal customer care applications by analyzing the core data set and partnering across the organization to link supporting data sets to tell the story. Includes producing daily application reporting and application analytics. Includes management and oversight of the database team. Use business acumen and strategic understanding of the data sources and confidently deliver their interpretation and recommendations for improvement to stakeholders.
- Develops business requirements, assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement. Researches new technologies related to BI and makes recommendations or leads implementation of new systems.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives.
- Measures effectiveness of improvements through deep analysis of data on performance metrics striving for cost effective high quality improvements.
- Carries out post-event analysis to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with the change.
- Drives the technical Business Intelligence processes, infrastructure, monitoring and tools for project delivery.
- Drives operational excellence through standardization of agreed upon best practices. Drives out defects and ensures processes are in place to positively impact agent and customer experience.
- Supports internal and external program teams for scheduled feature deployments obtaining reporting requirements documents, obtaining signoff, managing risks, and developing key insights on the enhancements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- Highly Proficient in SQL and relational database analytical tools, as well as a willingness to pick up new skills in this area. Netezza experience a plus.
-Experience using Tableau a plus
-Product Owner experience a plus
-Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets a plus
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying the 'so what' from multiple and disparate sources of information
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- 'Lean forward' bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills ability to 'tell the story'
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
- Cable, telecommunications or technology industry experience a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer