Comcast Sr. Program Delivery Lead in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Senior Program Delivery Lead is responsible for shepherding complex and cross-functional programs through the entire lifecycle.They will facilitate field communications, define program schedules and work closely with cross-functional teams such as CPE, T&P Leadership, Business Unit(s), Product Development, Software Engineering, QA, Customer Care, and Operations on all items related to the successful launch of the X1 Platform and subsequent new features & functionality.They are responsible for executing highly complex and strategic programs.
The PM will be able to work with cross-functional team members to identify tasks, build and manage program plans, identify, assign and commit functional resources to meet commitments, develop risk and communication plans, and coordinate with external vendors and organizations as required.
This role will work with external groups, Comcast divisional and regional representatives, System technical personnel and deployment resources to coordinate the scheduling of deployments and subsequent updates of X1 Platform related technology. Close coordination with the Product lead on X1 Platform and the designated deployment leads for this platform will be required to ensure alignment between the technical, product and field teams on schedule commitments.
- Function as the Program Delivery Lead for X1 programs, managing the end to end schedule from design through trial and deployment. As products and programs begin to transition from Development to trials, the Delivery Lead begins to spend most of their energy on the trial and deployment phase of the program.They are the point of contact for program issues with the field.They are driving agreement/consensus on the trial strategy and locking down the entrance/exit criteria.
- Build, Own and Update the end to end delivery schedule.Monitor the overall schedule through hosting regular calls with the program team and providing oversight and direction to the cross-functional teams.
- Assess and Report on program status on a weekly basis. End to end view of all the program issues and responsible to recommend to the SLT and Core Team what the key updates and issues should be
- The Program Director will be a trusted partner with the SLT.
- Provide program management leadership and expertise. Serve as the source of truth on launch commitments and ensure all parties are on the same page regarding objectives and definition of success.
- Manage the program and team through the deliverables associated with the program by establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to plans and schedules by holding leads accountable as appropriate.
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans as appropriate and drive mitigation solutions to completion.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS, 6-9 years relevant experience including Program Management, Release Management and Operations.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success managing large scale, critical initiatives.
- Independent problem-solving skills and risk management experience.
- Ability to drive consensus across organizational teams and utilize diplomacy to problem solve and escalate.
- Technical aptitude.
- PMP certification a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer