Comcast Sr. Program Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. Comcast provides one of the kind entertainment platform, High Speed Data platform, and Internet of Things services including Home Security services. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, home security, Voice, and high speed Internet access. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come. Comcast brings Entertainment, Internet, Voice, and other services to the customers via the largest footprint of networks in the country. 20M On-Demand video are streamed daily, 8200 Video and Audio Channels are streamed daily across the country, 167M phone calls are made and 153M messages are send daily on our network. Comcast supports more than 800K route miles or network pipeline.
Responsible for managing projects through entire project lifecycle
(inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and
deployment). Act as a liaison with appropriate company personnel and
vendors to ensure project compliance to standards. Coordinate multiple
complex high priority tasks. Assure feature and functionality and
performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate, and
monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and
performance to assure quality and on time delivery. Ensure milestone
dates are met. Monitor risks during various stages of the project and
escalate issues to the appropriate level of management. Maintain project
status reports on projects. Create and manage contingency plans for
projects. Estimate and manage budgets. Evaluate impact change request
against communicated timelines. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and
skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts
as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Coordinate scoping and architecture review activities for initiated
programs and follow process for program approval at architecture
- Create and track end to end project plan in conjunction with the lead
- Track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
- Coordinate, manage, and drive test organization activities.
- Facilitate bug triage, manage bug lists across vendors, track issue
resolution with the lead engineer.
- Coordinate change request generation and tracking.
- Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead
engineer or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
- Report on project's progress as required by product engineering
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and create risk
response and mitigation plans.
- Report weekly (or as necessary) on any risks/issues.
- Escalate issues as required to unblock open issues.
- Work with other project managers to track and manage inter-project
- Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to
lead engineer and lead project manager.
- Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets.
- Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and
controlling costs within functional area.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Technical discipline
- PMP desired
- Generally requires 5 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer