Comcast Sr. Technical Program Manager, Digital Home in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Digital Home Platform Program Delivery team is responsible for shepherding complex and cross-functional PaaS (Platform as a Service) programs through the entire lifecycle. They facilitate communication, define program schedules and work closely with cross-functional teams including TPX Leadership, Business Unit(s), Product Development, Software Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure, QA, and Operations on all items related to the Digital Home Platform and subsequent new features & functionality. As a Technical Program Manager, this person will be responsible for driving key workstreams of a complex program or supporting a Program Director with multiple aspects of a given portfolio. He or she will work towards managing their own programs independently.
The PM will be able to work with cross-functional team members to identify tasks, build and manage program plans, identify, assign and commit functional resources to meet commitments, develop risk and communication plans, and coordinate with external vendors and organizations as required.
- Enables, inspires, and motivates cross-functional teams to develop great solutions efficiently for one or more initiatives.
- Balances customer, employee and shareholder needs while providing clear objectives to help teams prioritize work. Clarifies alternative points of view before driving personal position.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in problem solving and independently structures in-depth analyses.
- Specifies stakeholders and clear roles, frames decisions with clear objectives and context.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects
- Able to identify root causes of problems and makes clear and effective recommendations. Identifies areas where product creation process improvements can make a material business impact.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of selected risk mitigations.
- Single point of contact for project status. Manages end to end project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports.
- Targets communication to the audience and presents effectively to groups.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position does not directly manage people. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
Typically has 7 years of software development and program management experience
Experience with PaaS/Amazon AWS/ Cloud applications highly desired
Project Management certification is preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer