Comcast Staff Accountant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for assisting the team with the financial close activities associated with aviation. This position's primary responsibilities include the preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and financial planning related to aviation. Additionally, this position will be responsible for assisting the corporate aviation team with other close related responsibilities and ad-hoc projects.
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyze specific cost account ledgers. Assists in the development of installation of accounting systems, cost accounting methods, procedures and controls.
- Prepares financial reports analyzing data for management review.
- Calculates payments to regulatory authorities based on a review of contracts and regulations.
- Review invoices and assist with managing against approved project budgets.
- Assist with the long-range plan, annual operating budget and quarterly forecasting.
- Facilitate and interact with all levels of management from various departments.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Establishes and maintains property accounting records. Reviews the preparation of various financial statements, records and reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results.
- Develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and re-occurring journal entries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level - Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study- Accounting, Finance
Years' Experience- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- CPA or progress towards it a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industry and/or public accounting or similar work environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer