Comcast Technical Project Mgr 4, Project Mgmt in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Professional Project Manager / Scrum Master that thrives in a fast paced and innovative environment. This role is critical to several initiatives that are contributing to making Customer Experience our Best Product. Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of highly complex projects, including approval, planning, execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time. Develops budgets, timelines, and ensures progress to plan, as well as tracking critical project achievements. Works with vendors and team to establish and achieve goals. Coordinates the activities of a cross-functional team including exempt and non-exempt employees. Defines the project's objectives and ensures progress to plan, as well as tracking critical project achievements. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Responsible for Scrum ceremonies for up to 5 scrum teams either by direct implementation or through delegation.
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums
- Responsible for proactive DevOps reviews.
- Responsible for implementation and enforcement of DevOps maturity via tracking tools and process.
- Responsible for deployment planning, go-no-go and coordination.
- Works across the organization to coordinate DevOps teams across the domain and the program.
- Represents the team and program in larger domain / program level readouts.
- Provides research and assistance to leadership in the development and design of new projects.
- Uses formal processes and tools (Rally / Jira) to manage resources, budgets, risks, and changes. Recommends new process and tools to achieve advanced project management.
- Responsible for User administration of Rally, Wiki, Email Distribution Lists
- Coaches Junior Scrum Masters or Engineers filling the Scrum Master role as needed.
- Manages project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports. These are to be pushed proactively on a regular interval.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects. Creates and maintains process workflow documents to support business needs.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall project ownership.
- Acts as a single point of contact for project status. Maintains communication with stakeholders.
- Facilitates and leads project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Agile or Profession Project Manager Certification Desirable
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 7 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer