Waste Management Transfer Station Site Manager - South East PA in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Title: Transfer Station Site Manager - South East PA
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Job Number: 18002336
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has exciting opportunities for transfer station managers in the South East Pennsylvania areas.
I. Job Summary
Supervises the day-to-day transfer station operations and monitors compliance to safety and other regulations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Schedules work assignments.
- Conducts regular site inspections and coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs of site equipment
- Ensures smooth operation of transfer station in accordance with the operating contract, including gatehouse, sorting, loading.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with state DEP permit and OSHA/Corporate Standards.
- Communicates and interfaces effectively with employees, supervisors, vendors, customers and regulators.
- Supervises the development, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of processes, procedures and programs to improve safety, productivity, and profitability of the transfer station.
- Conducts recurring safety/compliance meetings, accident investigations and subsequent re-training.
- Reconciles facility revenue from operations, facility billing, and monthly P-card statements.
- Monitors and processes employee payroll.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Creates and submits daily, weekly and month end reports to senior management.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of full-time employees including: site supervisors, drivers, mechanics, operators, sorters, attendants, laborers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or G.E.D., and four to ( 6) six years previous experience.
Preferred: Associate's Degree, or equivalent experience, and (4) four to (6) six years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Preferred: 40 Hour Hazardous, Scalemaster Certification.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Driving experience, knowledge of DOT regulations, equipment operating and supervisory experience may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc)part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 poundspart of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc)part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elementspart of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is atransfer station.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job Field: Operations