Farmers Insurance Business Insurance Claims Associate - Phoenix, AZ, Olathe, KS or Lisle, IL in Phoenix, Arizona
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Advises insureds/claimants of claims process; handles minor, non- questionable liability claims as assigned by the supervisor; may authorize rental cars and do closing work on total losses; may handle minor coverage issues and resolve minor complaints which arise during claims handling process. Assists Claims Representative in obtaining loss and claims value documentation. May handle subrogation and PIP/Med pay claims as well as prepare automated claims evaluations (Xactimate, Pathfinder, etc.). May also perform a variety of clerical duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or manager which could include handling mail, phone calls, filing, claims coding, processing and statistical responsibilities.
** Can be located in Phoenix (preferred), Olathe or Lisle locations.
Essential Job Functions
- Makes initial contact with insureds and claimants to verify claims information and advise them of the claims process.
- May arrange drive-in and field appointments.
- Obtains signed medical and investigation authorizations.
- Obtains police and fire reports.
- Handles minor, undisputed claims on instruction from supervisor.
- Authorizes rental cars on instruction from claims representative or when liability and coverage are not questioned. Within payment authority, may authorize supplements.
- Controls diary of all new liability claims for submission to supervisor.
- Obtains medical reports from attending physicians or attorneys if claimant is represented; makes appointments for independent medical examinations; and compares treatment rendered with injuries described on loss report.
- Contacts medical service facilities regarding bills to determine if they are reasonable and related to the loss.
- Obtains loss reports from agents, insureds, and claimants and enters into FACTS.
- Makes assignments under the direction of the CSC/BCO management.
- Responds to telephone and written inquiries regarding status of claims assigned.
- Keys information into F.A.C.T.S. system.
- Opens and prepares files.
- May handle PIP/Med Pay claims and/or subrogation files.
- Inputs and/or computes estimates and inventories on instruction from claims representatives; prepares Insured Payment Authorizations.
- May also perform a variety of clerical duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or manager which could include handling mail, phone calls, filing, claims coding, processing and statistical responsibilities.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Business Insurance Claims Associate will:
Provide operational handling of the department including understanding, monitoring and improving work-flow and processes, assisting on day to day problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Participate in decision making concerning policies and procedures.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Prepare reports and other analytical data as requested.
- Participate in quality improvement projects.
Exhibit a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all documentation and correspondence
Candidates must be willing and able to:
Quickly incorporate technological advances that enhance productivity and service
- Handle special projects as needed
- Provide excellent customer service and communication skills
- Be highly professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Provide excellent customer service and communication skills
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Prior insurance experience is preferred
Strong communication skills preferred- verbal, written and digital
Special Skill Requirement
Communication Skills Personal Computer Literate Bondable
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Business Insurance Claims Associate - Phoenix, AZ, Olathe, KS or Lisle, IL
Requisition ID: 190000NU