Waste Management Business Solutions Analyst II in PHOENIX, Arizona
Title: Business Solutions Analyst II
Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Job Number: 18005293
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align business solutions with the company strategy and initiatives. Undertakes projects requiring specialized business knowledge and decision making that will influence others across the company to adopt newly re-engineered processes into Waste Management business units.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the assigned essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and duties may vary by department.
- Works with management, and individual team leaders by contributing strategic vision and integrating a broad range of ideas regarding business solutions development.
- Conducts business processes and systems analysis while considering the business implications to the current and future business environment.
- Develops and manages high-level projects, creates business requirements, and coordinates resources to accomplish project tasks
- Reviews progress and evaluates results for accuracy and efficiency.
- Drives the project(s) and the organization toward achieving business results.
- Uses analytics to work with internal and external customers to resolve problems, respond to suggestions for improvement and enhancements, test, refine and institutionalize solutions.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement)driving business process improvements in a contact center environment. Managing projects or improving business processes using analytics
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Travel is limited for this position.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities That Contribute to Success
- Effective communicator with the ability to lead and influence others.
- Must be an advanced user of MS Access.
- Must be proficient user of MS PowerPoint
- Building Partnerships – Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that give them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- High-Impact Communication – Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Information Technology