IBM Category Manager – Facilities Maintenance and Operations in Phoenix, Arizona
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: Multiple - Up to 75% Travel to Client Sites
IBM is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals with 3 to 5 years sourcing and procurement experience to join our team of procurement professionals. Specifically, we are seeking to fill the role of a Facilities Category Manager. The Category Manager leads sourcing and procurement projects using competitive techniques and/or negotiation(s) to select and contract with goods and service providers in Facilities, MRO and D&C on behalf of our clients. The role also creates industry and category insights to assist in the development of the client’s sourcing strategy. To be clear, this is a procurement role, not a facilities manager role.
Category Manager responsibilities and preferred requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in the purchase of goods and services required to manage facilities for; corporate office, warehouse, manufacturing, and retail sectors.
- Knowledge and experience in delivery and pricing models for design, construction, facilities services, and facilities maintenance contracts.
- Experience in development of Requests for Proposals (RFP), bidding, and tendering of; furniture, design services, MRO Supplies, MRO Services, construction services, trade labor, facilities management services, building systems equipment, and/or other related goods and services.
Client Facing Skills
Ability to maintain professionalism in communications with all levels of client stakeholders.
Experience being in a client facing role.
Ability to deliver high quality project deliverables on time and with the level of attention to detail the client expects.
Client Relationship Management
- Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with Clients.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Knowledge of effective presentation tools and techniques; ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Ability to utilize data to sort through and analyze enterprise data in order to gain greater insight into trends within a business, industry and Client’s spend.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy with a high level of detail.
- Knowledge of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Understanding of the importance of "big picture" thinking and planning and ability to apply organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
Purchasing Tasks and Activities
- Knowledge of policies, regulations and processes of purchasing; ability to use practices and procedures for procurement of materials, components, equipment and services.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing methods, technologies and processes; ability to analyze, improve and re-evaluate organizational procurement process continuously.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.)
Knowledge of and ability to create baseline and savings analysis for procurement project.
Knowledge of savings methodologies and how to calculate savings for each methodology.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Excellent influencing and change management skills
High levels of personal drive, initiative and commitment to business goals
Travel requirements can be up to75%
About Business Unit
IBM Global Procurement has the responsibility for achieving the best overall value for IBM and our clients when acquiring or contracting goods, services, and intellectual property assets. Our mission: "Listen for need, source with speed." We continually work to create value by managing costs and risks, engaging in revenue generation opportunities with our sales teams, and providing superior service to our clients as we ensure on-time delivery. Join us as we transform clients' strategies by delivering simple engagements focused on speed, leveraging digitization, cognitive insights, and innovation from suppliers to maximize value.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs