Farmers Insurance Security Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Supervises, directs and supports the Farmers physical security functions/staff for assigned local and regional sites. Responsible for coordination of the physical security functions aligned with the organization's overall business objectives. Provides security l eadership and supervision to assigned sites while acting as back up to other geographic locations as needed. Assist in the development and consults on policies, procedures, standards, training and methods for identifying and protecting intellectual property assets, personnel, property, facilities, operations, or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, violence, vandalism, sabotage, or loss. Documents and executes standards for driving efficiency and effectiveness of security guard operations. Administers and supports complex security improvement programs across business units. Maintains close relationships with high-level law enforcement, intelligence and private sector counterparts. Briefs local senior and executive management on status of security issues while exercising independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises in house security guards and managing performance of security service provider; vendor relationship. Responsible for site; geographic location.
- Must conduct performance reviews, corrective action, timekeeping of all non-exempt staff, and management of delegated budget responsibilities.
- Works independently to make decisions for the site/geographic location which include managing staff working in a 24x7 business operation.
- Responsible for providing leadership, advice and counsel to line management on security policy and practices.
- Identifies exposures and recommends/develops corrective plans as appropriate
- Establishes/maintains robust customer relationships to ensure complete understanding of customer processes to enable the delivery of viable security operations and responses by third-party partners.
- Monitors and evaluates performance on key security issues and programs, recommends corrective action programs where appropriate - 50%
- Responsible for conducting site reviews, writing survey/assessment reports, reviewing findings, and making recommendations to line m anagement and/or local leadership.
- Supports the site in incident management for emergencies and business continuity.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing security plans and security programs such as physical security, security systems design support/development and incident management - 20%
- Maintains knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues and security technology.
- Updates management on risk and threat that could impact company business.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior management on the expenditures of resources for protection of company assets where compromise or loss of these assets could seriously affect company business.
Provides leadership, advice and counsel to all security staff in achieving current and long range strategic program objectives - 30%
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of three (3) years of related experience 5 years preferred. Law enforcement or private security background preferred with an emphasis on physical security operations and security management, liaising with stakeholders, critical thinking and management of relationships.
Special Skill Requirement
Knowledge of security management principles, techniques and procedures. Knowledge of security technology and systems. Familiarity with insurance operations and terminology. Strong communication, analytical, organization and management skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Risk Management & Security
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Security Manager
Requisition ID: 1900066X