IBM Watson Health - Lead Offering Manager, Watson for Patient Safety in Phoenix, Arizona
Location: Cambridge, MA (Preferred); Anywhere in the US
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced SaaS offering/product manager to join our fast-paced company. The primary responsibilities of the Offering Management leader for Watson for Patient Safety (WPS) will be to provide the leadership and operational expertise necessary to establish and maintain Watson’s cognitive computing, cloud and predictive analytics products focused on pharmacovigilance.
Who we are:
We, Watson Health, aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and cognitive insights. Watson Health is supported by the proven innovation of IBM, the dynamic intelligence of Watson, and our collective expertise in and commitment to improving the health industry. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life science in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet these demands. In this moment of remarkable change and opportunity, we are looking for talented, passionate individuals who are eager to rise to the challenge.
What will you do:
· Develop, define, and own the Watson for Patient Safety core SaaS product vision, roadmap, and strategy against market needs
· Lead a cross-functional team that closely partners with teams measured by customer satisfaction, revenue, and market growth, such as Development, Design, User Experience, Implementations, etc.
· Deliver on SaaS solutions to support the life sciences industry in meeting regulatory compliance, surveillance, and safety standards
· Glean insights about our users from qualitative and quantitative research
· Manage offering/product rollouts across our existing client portfolio as well as new markets
· Work with sales to identify offering gaps from sales pipeline and existing client portfolio
· Assist in strategic sales efforts as necessary
· Implement a global WPS strategy to meet product and market segment financial commitments
· Deliver financial results for the assigned market segment(s)
· Work across Watson Health and IBM to collaborate with cross-discipline teams on development, design, marketing, communications, and sales to deliver the most innovative offerings to our clients
IBM Offering Managers consider themselves business owners, responsible for determining offering revenue models and are held accountable for results. This position will report to the VP of Life Sciences Offering Management.
· An individual with a blend of business and technical acumen, big-picture vision, and a passion for managing SaaS products from ideation to post-launch
· Passionate about transforming healthcare and life sciences
· Customer-centric and let user interactions and customer learnings drive your decision making
· Focused on continuous, rapid testing and learning, making mistakes, and recovering quickly to learn and mitigate roadmaps risks
· Capable of leading a cross functional team in discovering gaps in existing products and ensuring we don’t build a mountain of “one-off features”
· Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing and often conflicting priorities
· Excited to collaborate with your UX team to conduct usability tests, A/B testing, and site surveys. You’ll need to interpret results and surface learnings to the organization.
· An exceptional verbal and written communicator with a proven track record of building consensus within large organizations and disparate groups of stakeholders
· Exceptionally organized and comfortable working with engineering and design teams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum of 5 years as an Offering/Product Manager successfully launching SaaS products in an agile environment
· Meaningful experience in software product marketing, product design/development, technical product management/functional design
Working knowledge of SaaS technical issues (configuration, integration, etc.)
Working knowledge of the life sciences industry
Expert knowledge of Agile best practices and tooling (Jira, Git, etc.)
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
10+ years experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferably drug safety or pharmacovigilance
Experience in pharmaceutical industry activities involving health authorities outside the United States
Experience analyzing case series for the purposes of aggregate safety reporting, signal detection and evaluation, issue management, labeling changes, and responding to queries by regulatory authorities
Experience incorporating safety findings into Reference Safety Information (USPI, CDS, IB, etc.)
Master’s, Nursing, Ph.D. or Pharm.D. Degree (or relevant scientific degree buttressed by industry experience)
Experience in pharmacovigilance relating to oncology or inflammatory diseases, or clinical support of oncology, immunomodulatory, or other related products
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.