Comcast Sustainability Finance Scholar Intern in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Center Internship Program (CCIP) is an internship program based at our Phoenixville, PA office. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. In this role you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 30-40 hour/week schedule.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your cooperative experience
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
From broad multi-year investments to day-to-day activities, the Sustainability team partners with business units across Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Comcast Spectacor to create a better, more resource-efficient company to serve our customers, our audiences and our communities. Comcast counts environmental responsibility as a core value and plans to build on current activities and tap our inventive and passionate workforce to integrate environmental responsibility into every aspect of Comcast's operations. The Sustainability team focuses on five operational areas: Energy Emissions; Materials Waste; Products Experiences; Engagement Outreach. This role will empower the Sustainability team to obtain the data, interpret that data, and to use quantitative analysis to demonstrate the value of sustainable approaches to business decisions.
The Office of Sustainability seeks a MBA candidate who has experience using quantitative tools and data management tools to identify areas of the business that can benefit from Sustainable investment and areas of the business that may be engaged in sustainable practices and not recognizing the benefits from those investments. In such instance the candidate would engage in financial forensics to determine the root cause of the actual outcome vs. the expected and forecasted outcome and to recommend corrective actions.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Master's degree.
- Major: Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Business and Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Operations Management
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign is a plus, but not required
- Experience in a Sustainability department is a plus, but not required
- Must have excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have ability to interface with all levels of management
- Must be able to work evenings (when necessary)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Ability to work on a team
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer