Eaton Corporation Deputy Manager - Logistic in Pimpri Pune, India
- Primary Function:
The primary function or overall purpose of this position:
Work as a key member of the GSC COE Logistics team in providing analytical and transactional activities for global Logistics team. This position will be involved in enhancement of productivity and efficiencies of Logistics operations across Eaton business and corporate functions. This role will be supporting cost optimization and process improvements projects, preparing and publishing different logistics reports to facilitate right decisions, driving synergies and benchmarking inputs to the global logistics council.
Manager of People – manage, lead, coach and develop employees within the Logistics function. Responsible for BOC for the team assigned. Accountable for the performance of the team. Work closely with the Logistics functional leader to implement all people development strategies for the team.
Centre of Excellence journey – will work with the Functional manager to implement key actions for the Centre of Excellence journey for the Logistics team.
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) that must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
· Procurement management experience, preferably in a Logistics Procurement for Manufacturing Industry
· Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure
· Incorporate Benchmark Processes, Best Practices, Technologies and Tools for Logistics functional excellence.
· Program manage the yearly Cost-out target to achieve planed results year on year.
· Develop multi-year Cost-out pipeline.
· Lead a team of Logistics Procurement professionals in the Logistics team.
· Align with Global Logistics function and support standardization of processes and leveraging of spend.
· Accountable and responsible for the timely, on budget delivery of projects managed
· Guides team associated with the project, including goal setting and planning of performance / gate reviews.
· Reporting and review of balance score card and ongoing logistics activities with main stakeholders.
· Bachelors with about 10-15 Yrs. exp.in Logistics domain. MBA will be an added advantage.
Basic Knowledge (Foundation):
· 10+ years of Industry experience managing complex logistics operations in India and/or overseas.
· First-hand Experience in 3PL management.
· Knowledge/experience of running Tendering process for Logistics service procurement.
· Good Collaborative style, managing various Global stakeholders at senior levels.
· Good exposure in supplier management.
· Exposure in global working, managing projects across continents.
· Good understanding of logistics factors for different regions across Globe
· Good business acumen
· Able to gather data from multiple systems and assimilate bigger data set
· Understand linkages of data across different data set/reports
· Break down of Data sets into meaningful interpretations
· Able to anticipate logistics issues and proactively work for their resolution.
· Have a good understanding of logistics cost factors and Global supplier base.
· Excellent cross-cultural communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, stakeholders, clients and consultants
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs