Verizon Senior Java Developer in Piscataway, New Jersey
What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us on digital channels. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to within the My Business team.
End-to-End Systems Analysis and Design
• Analyze architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs
• Identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs
• Evaluate solution’s alignment with the end user experience
• Define clean yet flexible service interfaces
Software/ Application Development & Architecture
• Develop systems and applications using complex algorithms to deliver business functions or architectural components
• Integrate with a multiple backend systems using various transport and data protocols while being performance-conscious
• Apply appropriate integration patterns based on technical requirements and high-level design
Database Analysis & Design
• Design simple to intermediate complexity database designs
• Troubleshoot and correct performance bottlenecks associated with SQL and database design
• Support efforts related to the proper protection from corruption & encryption of sensitive information
• Validate that programs are operating on clean, correct and useful data
• Unit and integration test code using happy and exception paths
• Test business processes/products across applications with an end-to-end process flow
System & Network Security
• Reduce security threats with dependable & reliable security tools & software applications
• Have and apply knowledge of secure programming techniques to reduce vulnerability to business application
• Communicate technical details to various audience types
• Select appropriate communication medium
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Experience in programing with Java/J2EE technologies.
Even better if you have:
A Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
Experience using RESTful services, SOAP services, XML/HTTP, JSON/HTTP, JMS/MQ.
Experience with these open source frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring Security, Spring Data, Hibernate, JUnit, and Maven.
Experience in OOA (Object Oriented Analysis), OAD, UML (Unified Modeling Language).
Experience with static analysis tools such as Sonar Cube, Fortify.
Experience with source control system such as AccuRev, Maven, Git
Knowledge of SQL tuning, Angular JS, CSS.
Experience with Redis, Elastic Search, Rabit MQ, NoSQL.
Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.