Comcast Sr Application Developer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for system development, analysis, design, certification,
testing, implementation, and documentation of new and existing software
applications. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
performance testing, and performs other tasks needed to complete
- Writes application codes, develops user interfaces, develops unit test
cases and harnesses; creates design, interface, system, and user
documentation; tests software and interfaces, supports end-to-end and
- Provides functional and technical troubleshooting for existing
applications and performs fixes/enhancements as needed.
- Assists in testing and troubleshooting hardware and applications to
ensure integration with product deployments.
- Works within project specifications to meet goals and objectives in a
timely and accurate manner; raises issues expediently that could impede
the project specifications or timelines.
- Develops deployment software and application administration software
as well as creates deployment and application support documentation.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and ECMAScript 5/6-
- Experience with ASP.net, C# or PHP WEB and app development
- Strong listening / communication / collaborating skills
Experience with writing applications with Angular, React, or Vue.js Front End Java script frame work
Experience with WordPress
Experience with using Git or SVN version control systems
Experience with MS SQL and MySQL/MariaDB relational database systems
Graphical design is a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer