Occidental Petroleum E&I Technician – DJ Western Midstream Ops (WES) in Platteville, Colorado
Title: E&I Technician – DJ Western Midstream Ops (WES) Location: United States-Colorado-Platteville Other Locations:
This position is based in the DJ Basin Midstream operations area with functional reporting out of the Platteville, Colorado office.
• Ensure company, local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations and policies are followed in the execution of job duties/responsibilities
• Promote a safe working environment and work in a safe manner adhering to all company safety practices, procedures and policies
• Calibrate, troubleshoot and perform maintenance for electronic and pneumatic instruments; electric power generation, distribution and control systems--includes trouble-shooting and repair of medium/low voltage systems and components
• Provide E & I support to assigned area, within Company budget, ensuring job duties are performed within company, state and federal guidelines and safe work practices
• Provide accurate and timely record keeping and reporting
• Order/receive/stock and dispense spares and materials while maintaining minimum stocks on hand consistent with needs
• Maintain a preventive maintenance system with complete records
• Instruct others in basic control theory/ operation/ troubleshooting and maintenance of instrumentation & electrical equipment
• Monitor, maintain and repair safety and fire protection systems
• Perform installation and trouble-shooting of communication systems
• Provide oversight of and coordinate work with contract personnel as necessary
• Continually self-educate, stay abreast of changing technology and maintain familiarity with daily operations and hazards through use of EHS and other resources
• Maintain effective communication with all other personnel, vendors and contractors to ensure individual job performance aligns with identified objectives/goals
• Responsible for the proper use and care of company tools including vehicles, hand tools and calibration/test equipment
• Perform good housekeeping duties as required in assigned work area
• Professional conduct with reputable character and personal integrity in alignment with Westerns Midstream’s Core Values.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience / training on applicable control systems equipment is preferred
• Knowledge of, compressors, natural gas processing, control systems theory and troubleshooting, process testing procedures, safety, and gas measurement equipment
• High voltage (600 ) experience would be a plus
• Ability to navigate and use Allen Bradley, Wonderware, Delta V, and Modicon is preferred
• Ability to work outdoors around heavy equipment, and in variable environmental conditions
• Experience in the use of computers and a working knowledge of Word and Excel, and preferably Outlook.
• Knowledge of SAP, helpful
• Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
• Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, helpful
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Valid US driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
Electrical license, helpful
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
Standard is 4/10-hour rotating day shifts requiring rotation for on-call weekend, evening, and holiday coverage
Candidate must live within 50-miles of Platteville, CO.
Western Midstream does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status