Occidental Petroleum E&I Technician Wattenberg (WES) in Platteville, Colorado
Title: E&I Technician Wattenberg (WES) Location: United States-Colorado-Platteville Other Locations:
This E&I Tech position is at the Wattenberg Gas Plant.
· Accomplish job responsibilities/duties in accordance with Excellent Core Values.
· Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment.
· Assist the team in the daily economic optimization of operations.
· Maintain effective communications, provide ideas, raise concerns, and work with other functions including plant supervision, engineering, plant operations, other I&E team members, other maintenance employees, clerical staff, and contractors.
· Coordinate/perform maintenance duties required to maintain operations and regulatory PSM compliance such as: Calibrate, troubleshoot and perform maintenance for electronic and pneumatic instruments, electric power generation, distribution and control systems, trouble-shooting and repair of medium/low voltage systems and components, assist in creation, implementation and revalidation of Safety Critical Job Plans to be in compliance with the PSM Employee Participation process.
· Maintain several platforms of programmable logic controllers (PLC), DCS and SCADA systems including Delta V, Allen Bradley Control Logix, Modicum, Siemens, electrical and mechanical systems and equipment such as motors, pumps, switches, measurement, pneumatic controls and end devices, and related input and output devices necessary for plant operations and control.
· Assist in and supervise contract operations as required for maintenance and operations.
· Coordination of the work with plant and field to optimize throughput, minimize downtime, optimize production, and avoid safety and environmental risks.
· Continually self-educate and maintain familiarity with daily operations and hazards through EHS department and other operations within the company.
· Ensure job duties are carried out in a safe manner, with due regard for the environment and in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
· Ensure that accurate timely data is entered and recorded within computer based preventative and predictive maintenance programs, drawings, procedures and schematics.
· Stay up to date with changing technology through training opportunities, contact with suppliers/ representatives of equipment manufacturers and networking with others in your field.
· Read and understand maintenance/operations manuals for equipment specifications parts and procedures to make proper and timely repairs.
· Maintain good housekeeping practices.
· Minimum 3 years of experience, relevant gas processing plant experience preferred.
· Ability to troubleshoot control systems, components, end devices and other electronic equipment and perform repairs and maintenance.
· Experience in the use of computers and a basic knowledge of Word and Excel required, SAP preferred.
· Knowledge of electrical and electronic principles.
· Working knowledge of standard construction drawings: P&ID’s, Equipment Arrangement, Area Classification, Piping Isometrics, Schematics etc. preferred.
· Experience in maintenance and operation of natural gas engines and compressors.
· Experience in maintenance and operation of gas processing plant equipment including various type pumps, fans, blowers, compressors and filtration systems.
· Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Certifications/Licenses: Valid US driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
May be required to work overtime, weekends, holidays and be on call.