Occidental Petroleum Fieldman I-Midstream Operations (WES) in Platteville, Colorado
Title: Fieldman I-Midstream Operations (WES) Location: United States-Colorado-Platteville Other Locations:
This full-time Fieldman position is located in Platteville, CO and will be a member of Anadarko’s Rockies Region Wattenberg Gathering Operations team.
• Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline and appurtenances
• Maintain, make minor repairs, and operate equipment (valve mainatence, pick-up trucks, air compressors, ect..,)
• Perform governmental compliance activities, such as line patrol, road and railroad crossing inspections, and valve inspections
• Provide daily or weekly time records
• Respond to emergency calls
• Communicate with many different teams
• Identify undesirable pipeline conditions such as hydrate and freeze conditions and execute remedial actions
• Run pipeline cleaners as required
• Work closely in a team atmosphere
• Identify and resolve pipeline problems on high pressure natural gas
• Provide support to the construction team
• Participate in special projects as required; interfacing with internal and external customers
• Maintain and operate company vehicle to company standards
• Comply with all company safety and environmental standards
• Perform on-call and call out duties to maintain system integrity, acceptable facility run time and emergency response after regular business hours which may require carrying a communication device
• Accomplish job responsibilities/duties in accordance with Anadarko's Core Values
• Minimum of 1 year of experience on oil and gas production facilities preferred
• Basic understanding of the oil and gas industry and must be able to quickly learn pipeline maps that are used to locate and track pipeline
• Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Mature, professional and self-initiating individual who will deliver strong customer appreciation
• Ability to safely lift and move heavy objects
• Must be able to work in the outdoors in extreme temperatures
• Strong time management and mechanical skills required
• Ability to learn on the fly
A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Valid US driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
Candidate must live within 50 miles of Platteville, CO
Work schedule will be determined by the area in which the candidate is assigned. Must be willing to work a rotating schedule if required (8 on / 6 off). Weekends, callouts and overtime may be required.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status