Occidental Petroleum Fieldman-Midstream Operations (WES) in Platteville, Colorado
Title: Fieldman-Midstream Operations (WES) Location: United States-Colorado-Platteville Other Locations:
This position is located in Anadarko’s Rockies Region as a member of the DJ Basin Midstream Compression Team in Platteville, CO.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
• Conduct dew point testing, maintenance and monitoring of glycol dehydration systems
• Execute start up, shut down and operating procedures for compressors, dehydration units, electric motors, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves and alarms
• Perform minor maintenance on compressors, engines, pumps, controls, piping and valves
• Compile daily production reports including downtime, abnormal gas volumes, condensation and unaccountable losses
• Communicate with operations supervisors, field, plant and maintenance employees, clerical staff, producers, operators, landowners and contractors
• Perform or assist in performing construction and pipeline repairs and installation
• Perform on-call and call out duties to maintain system integrity, acceptable facility run time and emergency response after regular business hours which may require carrying a communication device
• Minimum of 0-2 years of experience on oil and gas production facilities preferred
• A basic understanding of oil and gas operations, and working knowledge of natural gas process equipment is considered a significant plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Mature, professional and self-initiating individual who will deliver strong customer appreciation
• Ability to safely lift and move heavy objects
• Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
• Strong time management and mechanical skills required
• Ability to learn on the fly
• Ability to work effectively in a team-focused environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Candidate must possess a valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
Work schedule will be determined by the area in which the candidate is assigned. Must be willing to work a rotating schedule if required (8 on / 6 off) which would require 10 hour shifts. Weekends, callouts and overtime may be required.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status