Occidental Petroleum Plant Operator – Ft. Lupton Complex in Platteville, Colorado
Title: Plant Operator – Ft. Lupton Complex Location: United States-Colorado-Platteville Other Locations:
This position is located in the Rockies Region as a member of the Ft. Lupton Complex Plant Operations team in Platteville, CO working for the Midstream Operation.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
• Execute startup, shut down and operating procedures for engines, compressors, furnaces, distillation towers, expanders, electric motors, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves and alarms
• Analyze flow streams using a gas chromatograph and product samples to make necessary process adjustments and maintain product specifications
• Perform minor maintenance of compressors, engines, pumps, controls, piping and valves
• Prepare maintenance orders and notify maintenance personnel of problem areas
• Generate daily production reports including liquid production, downtime and gas volumes
• Monitor and maintain inlet and outlet volumes. Coordinate with gas control, field operations and third party interests as required.
• Complete assigned reports and logs
• Work irregular hours, outside, around heavy equipment, and in variable environmental conditions
• Monitor, maintain, and operate safety and fire protection systems
• Accomplish job responsibilities/duties in accordance with Anadarko’s Core Values
• Minimum 1-year gas plant operations or related experience preferred
• Working knowledge of oil and gas operations including a working knowledge of natural gas processing facilities and related equipment is required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team-focused environment
• Computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Candidate must possess a valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
12 hour rotating shift position including nights, weekends and holidays.
Candidate must live within 50 miles of Platteville, CO.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status