Comcast Manager of Finance - Revenue in Plymouth, Michigan
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing financial and operational analysis of revenue to senior management in support of business unit decision-making, looking for risks and opportunities. Manages accounting transactions, budgets, forecasts, and maintains books of accounts, ensuring that all financial data is recorded within generally accepted accounting principles consistent with Company policies.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job-Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services-Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences-Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas-Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers-Drive results and growth-Respect and promote inclusion and diversity-Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Evaluate revenue and ARPU trends to determine the impact on revenue.
- Work with Marketing to determine how promotional offers will impact revenue.
- Create a monthly revenue forecast and present it to the Finance leadership team.
- Develop rate/volume and other analyses to help explain monthly forecast variances.
- Prepare and present the annual revenue budget.
- Complete the annual rate increase for the Region.
- Assist other teams such as Marketing and Division Finance with subscriber and PPV forecasts.
- Partners with senior management to support business planning and operational processes throughout the year.
-Analyzes financial and operational data/performance metrics, communicates findings and risks, and makes suggestions to improve processes.
-Supports business unit management and other departments with informational requests and special projects.
-Possesses understanding of Company policies and procedures and continually implements and reviews policies and procedures for consistency.
-Trains, supervises, and develops Finance staff. Manages the day-to-day performance of the Finance team and makes suggestions to upper management for work performance improvement.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Skills Preferred
-Essbase, Excel, CSG Reporting, SQL
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Finance, Accounting
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer