DynCorp International LLC. Maintenance Control Director in POINT MUGU, California
The Maintenance Control Director Monitors and maintains documents of all aircraft scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Plans and coordinates all aircraft inspections (special, conditional, phase, etc.). Dispatch and monitoring of all assigned tasks and associated jobs to work centers. Keeps Maintenance Officer briefed on Aircraft status at all times.
- Keeps the COR briefed on all contract requirements. Work closely with the Operations Department to insure Aircraft are available to meet the Flight Schedule. Able to monitor the NALCOMIS system to report all work performed. Work with Navy established five (5) part Visual Information Display System (VIDS).
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports in support of aircraft long range maintenance requirements. Maintains Aircraft Discrepancy Books showing completed as well as outstanding maintenance actions. Ensures all required maintenance has been performed before flights. Brief and de-brief of pilots as required, assisting in the documentation of aircraft flight time and maintenance discrepancies.
- Comply with all current sections of the NAVAIRINST 3710.1(series) and CNAFINST 4790.2 Series as applicable to aircraft maintenance. Maintains aircraft historical records, as well as various other aircraft files in support of aircraft maintenance. Verification of all Maintenance Action Documentation prior to submission to the Navy, working closely with Logs and Records trying to ensure timely submission into 3M data systems and required log book entries.
- Corrects and re-submits all Naval generated reports by 3M data system. Responsible for mission configuration, working with various civil service work centers with up loads and systems checks as required. Ensures work area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all safety rules and regulations are observed. May work with other groups or personnel to resolve problems. Will instruct and assist in training of lower level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties. Performs related duties as assigned including any and all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Assist other shops/skills as required. May reassign contract personnel between work centers as needed to support the daily flight schedule requirements. Maintenance Control Director ensures each shop performs a written pass down between shifts, to be annotated in a shop logbook. These logbooks shall be shared with the Government upon request.
- Tasks personnel, as needed, in transporting pilots to the CALA and other hangars when Govt. personnel are not available. The Maintenance Control Director documents in writing (daily within 6 hours of receipt) to GMR with status/progress report of Government issued scheduled maintenance priorities.
The GMR will provide the maintenance priorities twice a day. Shall be Weight and Balance qualified for VX-31 aircraft to include generation of Form F as required for the daily flight schedule.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess an extensive background in the field of aircraft maintenance and material support with a minimum of 15 years of experience with 10 years of the last 15 years in direct aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, and modification.
- Of the ten years of experience in aircraft maintenance, six years shall be in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
- Must have experience supervising daily flight operations personnel supporting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- A minimum of one year in a maintenance/production control position.
- Experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Knowledgeable of technical directives and CNAFINST 4790.2 Series
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledgeable of and understand basic supply procedures .
Possess working knowledge of applicable aircraft
Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline is highly preferred, High School graduate or equivalent required.
Job: *Facilities / Maintenance / Repair
Title: Maintenance Control Director
Location: UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-POINT MUGU
Requisition ID: PR1603768