Eaton Corporation General Manager - Quality in Pondicherry, India
• Responsible for delivering PP targets of quality function for the plant
•Formulating Quality strategy and ensuring the execution & implementation
• Ensuring Quality Projects planning and execution
• To be the functional expert as single point of contact for customer handling related to Quality issues.
• Work closely with the manufacturing teams to ensure that the systems are well deployed and yielding necessary results
• Lead/participate in the process to systematically reduce customer complaints and increase customer satisfaction.
• Understanding the problem statement clearly and then channeling the complaints to the right individuals/teams for resolution across all Product groups .
• Managing customer quality issues and customer complaints and material returns for plant manufactured as well as traded products
• Handling supplier quality function by interacting with suppliers as well as with plant in turn improving supplier quality.
• Responsible for discussing containment, corrective and preventive actions with the internal and external customer.
• Responsible for utilizing systematic processes like 8D/A3 and guide teams in utilizing them effectively
• Responsible for ensuring successful Customer Audits /Visits, On-time closure of Customer Audit Observations and review with the team.
• The individual will maintain close ties with Plant Quality Managers & Regional teams to understand issues at the customer and act proactively.
• Interact with suppliers to improve supplier quality, which will help reducing plant quality issues.
• Ensure that Quality is built into the product & process at suppliers end through deployment of Quality tools like Control Plan, PFMEA, SPC, MSA at supplier end.
• Responsible to initiate continuous improvement on FPY, scrap and rework to achieve set targets alongwith YOY improvements
• Provide functional Quality related trainings to all Plant Quality employees on ongoing basis.
• Quality function deployment in New projects.
• Work on the implementation of changes in Quality Management Systems (EQMS) in line with continuous up gradations
• Close working relationship with the Service Organization – ability to monitor and drive FSBs implementation
• Timely & accurately Collection of Warranty data and drive down annual warranty rate % YOY
• Manage customer quality issues as they occur, provide support and resolution
• Participate in customer calls/discussions and provide appropriate expertise on reliability
• Customer escapes prevention; increasing productivity by implementing plans and actions to reduce costs of poor quality; achieving product reliability enhancement associated with process capability and design-related corrective actions
•BE / ME degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engg
•15+ years of experience in Quality out of which min. 5 yrs as Head of Quality
• Thorough knowledge of Problem Solving, ISO, EQMS, Six Sigma, EBEA, Customer Systems and overall EBS/ELSS understanding
• Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures and methodologies
• Six Sigma BB Certification a plus
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High degree of professional presence and customer interface skills
• Very adept at influencing to achieve results through others when required
• Team player
• Ability to get things done through teams effectively
• Ability to forge strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs