HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Line Cook in Port St Lucie, Florida
Line Cook Food and Nutrition Department Full-Time Day Shift 1.0 FTE St. Lucie Medical Center Port St. Lucie, FL * * Facility Description: St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
/St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/ / / _Benefits:___ We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The Line Cook works under the direction of the FANS Management team to ensure that all work is performed utilizing all safety and sanitation guidelines. Performs routine daily tasks related to hot production needs of the Nutritional Service Department. The position will prepare and cook all hot food and related items ensuring a clean and sanitized work area in accord with recipe requirements. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Prepares hot foods in sufficient quantities to cover requirements according to production sheets, while avoiding over-production, thus eliminating waste and/or leftovers.
- Grills, cooks, prepares food for food service areas and fills in for cafeteria workers as needed in their absence.
- Times preparation of foods to meet food service schedules.
- Prepares food according to standardized recipes.
- Places hot food items in steam tables just prior to serving to ensure correct temperatures.
- Serves meals on the patient tray line, using standardized portion sizes, or as marked.
- Provides quality food preparation and service, which can be seen by color and consistency of therapeutic diets.
- Follows recommended serving portion size from recipe or production sheets.
- Follows menus provided and makes changes according to food supplies after consulting with Director or Dietitian.
- Checks next day menus for necessary pre-preparation (i.e. pulling frozen meat for tempering, cooking roasts).
Education: · High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred. * * Experience:** · One year of experience in healthcare food and nutrition services preferred.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids. Must be able to speak, write, and read in English. * *
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Line Cook
Location: Florida-Port St Lucie-St. Lucie Medical Center - Treasure Coast
Requisition ID: 00476-5390